A blog in which I bitch-slap all those responsible for the mess we're in.


Wednesday, December 21, 2005


Suicide Kings Wild


This weekend I played poker with some friends. I normally don't gamble, usually because of someone's weird ideas on acceptable play such as "you can't go home now" (meaning please stick around long enough for me to win my money back) or "you can't fold now" (ahem, I'll fold whenever I feel I can't win a hand, thank you very much). As usual, I rather quickly separated my friends from their money. One of my favorite lines in a movie is from the B-movie "Quigley Down Under". The hero, Quigley, has never had much use for a six-shooter, being an expert marksman with the long rifle. In the end, Quigley kills all three bad guys in a flash with a six-shooter and says (at least the way I remember it) - "
I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it. " After I have relieved my friends of their money, I like to rub it in a little with that quote when they ask me why I never gamble. (BTW, I pretty much gave everyone their money back). One of my friends favorite games is five card draw with suicide kings wild. Which brings us to this.

Can the presidunce really be this stupid? He admits to doing something most reasonable people and scholars believe is illegal. But you see, this president thinks he is King------- King George, the Prince of Putz. However, in reality, he is a small minded, arrogant, bigoted fancy boy all dressed up in a cowboy clown outfit pretending to protect us while his buddies rape the Treasury. What does he really think of our democracy? Here's the real deal-
...."I don't give a goddamn," Bush allegedly retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way. ... Stop throwing the Constitution in my face. It's just a goddamned piece of paper."

That just about says it all, doesn't it? A politically suicidal would-be King running wild. Secret prisons, torture and spying on Americans is not the United States many brave men and women have died for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home