A blog in which I bitch-slap all those responsible for the mess we're in.


Monday, October 17, 2005

Act like you got some smarts

I was over at driftglass and came across this; "Is anyone familiar with the saying from Twain that goes, “Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt?”". I had an argument last night with a golfin' buddy. He is one of those 'independent' type people but are actually Repuke-lican wingnuts. He was spouting off all about Iraq and blah, blah, blah. I grew tired of it and just flat out called him on it. "Tell me what are the three factions in Iraq" I said, trying to make him see that they are on the verge of a civil war there and things are much more complicated than his simplistic line-o-crap. "Uh, uh, uh Sunni is uh, um one of 'em". See, this is what I hate about these fucktards that listen to the Glenn Beck, Mike Savage, Rush Limp-paw Trio. They know enough to parrot the talking bobble-heads but don't do ANY research on their own to get some perspective. And NO, listening to CarTalk on NPR doesn't qualify.

This is exactly what is wrong with this country and why we are in the mess we are in. Too many people listen to some shit-for-brains and then think they know ALL about something. No questioning, no examination of the facts- just 'it was on Hannity and Colmes so it must be true'. I can't tell you how many times I've caught this person repeating yet another fucking lie and I have to call him on it. HEY STUPID, look it up before opening mouth and inserting foot.

By the way folks, if you're gonna call yourselves compassionate conservatives then you'd better start acting like it 'cause I'm just gonna laugh in your face from now on. You're neither compassionate (Katrina) nor conservative (the deficit). This reminds me about a line from the Andy Griffith show- "From now on, act like you got some smarts".

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home